Have you ever thought to have its own file hosting?. Storing the data as a file hosting that we know already a lot like rapidshare, hotfile, filesonic and others. Maybe for the bloggers who fill the content with the songs, movies and software will be interested to have their own file hosting.
For that, this time I will try to share to you how to create a simple file hosting. For example you can see here.
The first thing you should have a web hosting or server with sufficient capacity for the use as a file hosting. For those of you who do not have a server, you can try the service free web hosting www.000space.com. I think the data storage space and bandwidth offered by hosting it interesting enough for us to try to make this simple file hosting. just look at the specifications that they offer:
5500 MB disk space
200 GB Monthly Transfer
50 Parked Domains
POP email accounts
50 MySQL databases
Automatic script installer
Password protected folders
50 Add-on Domains
phpMyAdmin 50 Sub Domains
Browser File manager
Clustered servers cURL and fsockopen enabled
Instant Account Activation.
Suppose now you already have a web hosting or a private server. now all we need is a mini script file hosting provided by Galaxy Scripts. The script can be found here.
- Upload the zip file to the server or your web hosting service. put in a folder htdoc or www .
- Extract the zip file and rename the folder with myhost. or you can put all the files in that folder in the folder htdoc if you want to make it as homepage.
- Open the home page. You'll see how it looks like the picture below.
- Login Into Admin Panel . Default Password Is "password" without the quotes.
- CHMOD all of the .mfh files in secure folder to 777
- CHMOD the 'storage' folder to 777
- CHMOD the 'downloader' folder to 777
- CHMOD the 'uploader' folder to 777
- CHMOD the 'files' folder to 777
- CHMOD the 'dl' folder to 777
- Edit ads.php , bottomads.php and squareads.php according to your needs.
- You're done! Enjoy your new file host!
How to customize:
- to edit the page layout, modify the header and footer files.
- to edit the main page, faq, and tos, edit the page in the pages folder.